CNBC tried to take a stab at figuring out how much it costs to actually go to the Superbowl. And it’s a TON. Ticket and lodging prices, travel expenses depending on where you’re coming from, and then there’s how much you’d pay on food and entertainment.
But here’s what they came up with for this year’s Big Game in Atlanta:
1. Getting into the game: $3,475 to $15,925. As of last night, a ticket on the SECONDARY market was going for between $3,800 and $35,000.
2. Transportation to Atlanta: $64 to $220
3. Lodging: $300 to $1,422 per night.
4. Food: $70 to $125
5. Getting around town: $19 to $110
6. Entertainment: $0 to $285.
Some of those amounts sound a little low to me, but according to CNBC’s estimates, you’re looking at a grand total between: $3,928 and $18,087. EACH!!
…and it doesn’t appear to include the bar tab…yikes!
If you’re going to Atlanta, enjoy the game. Looks like I’ll be catching it from my couch…